If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below. Here at Lawrence View Primary and Nursery School we have an admission number of 30.
Applying to Full Time School (Reception year)
First Admission to school
Important dates to remember if your child is starting school for the first time (reception) in – September 2024 (children who are 5 years old between 01 September 2024 and 31 August 2025)
|From Monday 6th November 2023
|Apply for a school place
Information available to parents
|Monday 15th January 2024
|National closing date for receipt of applications and any supplementary or supporting information including any special circumstances
|Friday 2nd February 2024
|Last date for exceptional late applications and changes to preference to be received in order to be considered by the admission authority as on time. Proof of residence to be received where relevant.
NATIONAL OFFER DAY
Tuesday 16th April 2024
|Emails are sent to parents who provided an email address showing the outcome of their application.
Letters sent to all other parents by second class post showing the outcome of their application
Unsuccessful on-time applications added to waiting lists for schools with an intake at reception and year 3
Appeals can be lodged
|Tuesday 20th May 2024
Deadline for lodging an appeal (at least 20 school days after offer day)
|1st September 2024
|Applications received from this date will be processed in line with in-year arrangements.
Standard reception year admission over subscription criteria for community and voluntary controlled schools - September 2024
In the event of over subscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have first been allocated to pupils who have either an education, health and care plan or a statement of special educational needs which names the school:
- Children looked after by a local authority and previously looked after children, including those children who have been adopted from state care outside of England;
- Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school and children who do not live in the catchment area at the closing date for application and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school who was displaced as their Nottinghamshire community catchment area school was oversubscribed at the national offer day for first admission to school.
- Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications;
- Children who live outside the catchment area and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school;
- Children who live outside the catchment area.
In-Year Transfer Admissions
If your child is already attending a school and you are considering moving your child to Lawrence View Primary School, please contact Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions on 0300 5008080 for information on how to apply.
Please click on the link to gain access to the schools admission website. Schools admissions website.
Alternatively, ring the schools admissions team on: 0300 500 8080.
Applying for a place in our Nursery.
This process is dealt with by school directly through our school office. You can apply to Nursery at any time until when your child is due to start school. Nursery places are allocated to children in the term after their 3rd birthday. We offer 15- hour free places to all children and are also able to cater for parents using the 30-hour childcare code.
We welcome visits to our nursery on request through the school office.